Google
 

December 10, 2007

top ten lists

Please allow me to distract you to TIME's 50 top 10 lists of 2007.
This means you can read 10 x 50 = 500 important things of 2007 chosen by TIME. It is kind of too much to read? You can pick the topics that interest you most for a start.

Guess what I pick for the start? Science? No, I am geeky but I pick Top 10 Quotes for my first click. Science-related top 10s are picked after I laugh at some of the top 10 quotes.

Top 10 Man-made Disasters are really depressing so I have to do Top 10 Green Ideas to be cheered up. Oh, I am impressed that Walmart is trying to do some good things finally. Gore should be happy about it too. Today he gave a speech asking China and US to do something about Climate Change.

It's not the end of year for me actually. Lots of things have not sorted yet. Can't decide what will be at my top 3 or top 5 or top 10 list of importance.

Here are some candidates that will be on the final list:
(Not going to give them numbers to mislead about the degree of importance)

- PhD program finished

- Postdoc life (the stress and confusion and frustration and the ITs) has started. Several blog posts this year are directly related.

- Regularly tangoing in Manhattan and around Manhattan

- Living alone finally

- Heart broken by Goodbye My Lover

- Heart re-found in Masochism Tango

- Mika was born on Nov 26, 2007

- Horrible snow storm struck my heart

- Empire closed

- Name switch (My official name in the US is very confusing. It's not a change. It's a switch.)

- Met ex-BFs and a sort-of

- Stepped into a pink, totally pink, inside out pink cupcake place twice in 5 hours

- Bro left home for the army, and other family stuff

- James L. and Judy back to my life :)

- Alex and Zabeth have to live far away from me :(

- New friends cook for me :) Thanks to Yang, Javor, Kim, and Cal.

- Self-discovery physically and mentally

- Able to finish more than one beer or wine! Without help!

- Acknowledge how poor my sense of direction is. Especially on the terribly designed roads in NJ.

This is really tough. A year ago, in a girl's farewell party, she gave me some words with tears. She said "Life is tough." She was a postdoc in Penn State. I can never forget those words and the moment of connection.
I have gone through a tough year indeed. I am going to draft a very nice wish so that I can say it when blowing off candles in three weeks.
Basically, toughness is not what I want and not what I want to be.

I am going to generate my top 10 list of wishes! Stay tuned.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote for you: living alone finally. This is really big, I think - you have experienced most of the other things in life, or come very close to it; I see living alone as your big step.

Welcome to adulthood, haha. Who knows, maybe you will one day learn to cook like me(時勢造英雄啊)。

pei said...

Cook like you? You're joking. That's not going to happen. But I am happy that I live alone finally :)
Next step is to live alone in Manhattan.