Google
 

November 25, 2007

thanks giving

It's getting cold.

The weather was getting into my bones the other day. The weather managed to enhance my mood of not feeling well. My legs were reacting in a way that eventually I had to call Mama for more Chinese medicine cream.

Empire Dance is history.
The day before Thanksgiving was the last day the dance floor crowded with tango dancers.
I danced til the end with a smile and a bit of sorrow. The first time I danced there was ... probably July, 5 months ago from now. My first Nocturne, Robin Thomas's milonga 10pm to 5am.
I took Robin's classes there.
I met great dancers there.
I met old and new friends there.
I observed people there.
I wish I could make a movie of the studio. It'd be in the color of red and in the texture of wood and full of classic tango music with pretty legs and caring embraces. It'd avoid those arrogant attitudes of Manhattan. It'd be sweaty with people saying "excellent!" and understandable Spanish. I'd be sitting in the leather coach with my laptop.

When goodbye is inevitable, you just have to smile at it and move on.

I moved on to the best turkey dinner ever in Judy's new home. Home, yes, it's called home physically and emotionally.
Note: if you want a good turkey dish, do not trust the so-called traditional American Thanksgiving dinner.
(Sorry, Jenny, I remember the first "real" American Thanksgiving dinner you invited me to, but the turkey was as dry as paper. I just cannot be a fan of it.)
Judy did a great job feeding eight people, meat eaters, vegetarians, and vegans. And the night was fantastic. The weather was kept well outside of the house whose doorman warned us not to step into the unenclosed air.

The day after Thanksgiving, the wind was killing my legs and cells in my other body parts in Newport.
I was thinking how
to face an inevitable goodbye yet again and how to smile at it and move on.
I don't know how the story goes yet so I'm not going to say much about it.
But I know I had been anticipating a miserable face of mine and now I suddenly am content. Human emotion is mysterious. What are you saying? Prefrontal or amygdala? No, no one knows.

It's not the head.
It's the weather.
The sun has given temperature yesterday and today and probably tomorrow.
The sun may be going to live in me. Well.... I wish this wish can come true.

Many years ago, I was in the most happy stage of my life. Not because I was much younger then. It was because the sun was living in me and around me.
After the sun left, I was not sure whether I actually needed it for being happy and smiley.
And after several Thanksgivings, I am sure I do need it.
Especially one Thanksgiving, my wisdom tooth was removed, and I was alone, and I wished I was removed with the tooth. Black Friday shopping did not help much because my face was so swollen that nothing could make a smiley face from me.

What' wrong for admitting that you need something.
I need coffee. So? Got a problem?
I need tango. Yeah, I do.
I need the sun. The moon is beautiful but beauty is not enough for me to smile.

Alright, go back to the title of this post.
Thanks are given to Empire Dance where nice memory had formed for me.
Thanks are given to friends who have made food for me.
Thanks are given to the sun that always makes me smile.



No comments: