Google
 

July 2, 2008

old things found

My room is different than a year ago when I moved in.
I like rearranging stuff so that I can find things that I have forgotten. It is always like a treasure hunting. I like cleaning things up. Storing old useless stuff is totally wasting space. If I have not used some thing in a year, and if I don't feel finding a treasure, and if I don't feel a thing when I see it, I toss it away.
I do the same thing with my computerized things. Every time when I back my hard drive, I check if there's anything I can drag to the trash can and save some e-space.

My first computer was operated on Windows 95. I still have some stuff from that computer dinosaur era. I move them from computer to computer. I back them up again and again. I don't wanna lose them.
I kinda know what they are. I don't wanna open them because I will spend a lot of time, say viewing through all the pictures or reading all the old essays I wrote.


Even some folders that do not contain any personal memory are dangerously time-sucking.

In my backup hard drive, there are two folders named "illusion". In my computer, there is one with the same name. I want to make sure I don't overwrite or miss anything. I open them. I thought I would not get surprised by any visual illusion anymore. Oh no, illusion is art. Our visual system is fascinating.... I should probably start writing my research statement as I am so inspired now.
In the name of art and science, time can be killed.


Frog-faced horse


Jumping dots... you just can't stop them from jumping.
Try stop moving your eyes.

See colors? They are simply black and white stripes.
But you see colors. I know. It's normal. Don't worry.


Aren't they cool?
So cool :)
Let me write another research proposal.
Old things found. My old motivation and pleasure in research is found.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...... 我只看到線條沒有顏色耶
這樣ok嗎??

pei said...

你可能需要檢查一下... :p
我看見黃色和一些些紫色,一大條一大條的.. 不是很清楚,不過那是顏色沒錯。

Anonymous said...

關於那跳動的點點們,
我是根據你的建議的相反動作,
開始移動我的眼球,才看見他們在跳的.

pei said...

對呀,所以我說"試著不要移動眼睛",降子點點們就不會跳了 :)

Anonymous said...

哈,我家也有一堆跟這些很類似的明信片啊,海報啊之類的,當初從你們實驗室撿回來的,才剛從角落裡翻出來的咧。

搬到新家應該找個角落把它們掛起來,真的很有趣耶。