Google
 

April 25, 2008

syndrome called GBM

I discovered my new condition, called God Bless Me, last May.
Since I discovered it last year, it should not be "new". But it is new in the sense that I never had it in Pennsylvania or Taiwan. After 5 years of American air, I developed seasonal allergy and finally got recognized as a person who is able to produce normal sneezing noise.

Since the day I have memory of, every time I sneezed, people thought I was coughing.
In Taiwan, when someone, whom you care or try to express care, coughs, you pat their backs. So I always got nice patting on my back, and I would say "I am fine. I was just sneezing."
In America, when someone, anyone, sneezes, you say "God bless you." I never got blessings because no one could perceive my sneezes correctly.
However, the situation changed last May. I moved to New Jersey. I was not in a perfectly happy mood. I moved out of my old American life to a new environment where no one knew me. Plus, I sneezed every three minutes. People who could hear me said "God bless you" every three minutes.
I was in awe: God bless me? Oh! What a new experience.


Today, I sneezed all day long. Poor Andy, my cubic neighbor, said "God bless you" every three minutes. I didn't even have time to prepare to say "Thanks" back and again I sneezed.

The town is soooo pretty currently.
Flowers are every where. Pink and white are the two dominant colors. Trees here like to take flowery clothings before they grow leaves back.

Flowers are every where, in trees and on grounds.
And in air too, which is how I am being attacked by GBM.
So I feel drowsy all day and actually went to bed at 9pm yesterday. Sleeping for 10 hours on a weekday is really a blessing.

I'm gonna drop more anti-allergy drug under my tongue and go to bed to pick up the novel that I had no time to read for a couple of weeks. The novel is American Gods.



No comments: