Google
 

April 7, 2008

harriman hikers

This pair of shoes companied me in all physical education classes in university, on all gym-going days, and during all hikes including the Shei-Pa (大霸尖山) hike which took me two days.

Being craving for Nature, I googled keywords "New Jersey" and "Hiking" and found a group claimed that they have been hiking every Sunday for over 30 years.
Yesterday, I drove up toward the Ramapo College where the Harrisman Hikers gathered before car pooling to the hiking area. For 6 dollars, it was an awesome experience.

Out of the 19 hikers, 3 were first timers in the group. I was one of them. Out of the 3 first timers, I was the only one who wore sneakers. To be specific, they were tennis shoes. I loved them no matter how often the other hikers tried to tell me that I should've used hiking boots and even hiking socks. Even though I was not the only person in jeans, I was the only person in jeans who got most comments on should've-not-worn-jeans. I didn't have a brand-name professional sweater or jackets or raincoat or hat or gloves. I didn't carry a backpack heavier than one kg. I just shrugged and pretended that I was stupid.
I was not stupid, just not as prepared as anybody else. I just didn't think about getting all activity-specific gadgets before participating in an activity. It is called normal.

Normal as I was, I took a good number of pictures to record the hike. Click the picture below and you'll know what's up with the rusty head.


Harriman Hikers

3 comments:

vivien said...

Spring is here, and soon summer follows. It should be more fun to hike :)

Anonymous said...

照片真的很美耶!
^^

pei said...

I walked to the next train station Maplewood this afternoon. Maplewood is my favorite place in North Jersey. I should've moved there a year ago. Anyway, I took a wonderful walk there and shopped for some veggies and walked back. The entire 90-min walk completed my day :)

青該麻嗎聊聊,她的觀後感竟然是很不給面子的說: 你們美國的山都是灰灰的嗎?
什麼"我們"美國啊?
就說了是陰天啊,當然灰灰的。
而且美東的春天不一定是百花齊放到處綠油油的... 下午散步的時候經過一株滿樹含苞待放的一戶人家,下次經過如果滿樹都開了,就拍張照證明一下他們美國也是有春花的。