Google
 

July 1, 2007

roses


On June 9th, 2007, six of us built a memory together again.
There in 山行玫瑰 SonRose , we were not going for its famous rosy coffee or the newly-developed weekend houses in the countryside, Nanzhung.
We were there because my five best friends love me.

In a month, I saw them all in 3 different days. I met 4 of them on another day. They united together too without me,
of course, when I was not in Taipei. But the feeling of this united welcome-home greeting was very intense.
They made home home.

Ten years ago, I went through the Entrance Exam (equivalent to US's SAT) today. TV was playing how Hong Kong was returned to China. Today, TV was playing how H.K. has been doing in the past 10 years.
I went to Yang Ming Univ. I met these five amazing girls.
My college years marked one of the few best periods of my life. The five best friends, Shaun, and Jim were the leading roles playing in the my movie. A picture of my 19th birthday remains on my closet door, which was taken in Yang Ming Univ when we were staying up for preparing a show performed by both the Drama Club and the Hot Dance Club. Ching, Aeo, and Yellow, all in that picture, bought me a Boston pie from Tasters. We ate it with simply fingers.

I found no Boston pie in Boston. You can only have it in Tienmu, Taipei.

Seven days ago, I had a piece of the pie again, with the same friends again.
The word "again" makes me happy again.
Repeating things with old friends is called happiness. 
It is like walking on my favorite street (Dun-Hua S. Rd.) again. It is like smelling the air in my favorite bookstore (Eslite) again. It is like having my mom's food again.

A rose is a symbol of beauty.
Roses have been growing on my memory field because I am not the only gardener.

No comments: