Google
 

July 29, 2007

do you know...

I got 2/3 correct on the climate-change quiz.

Basically I knew little about the natural greenhouse effect. The key word is natural. It was a faded memory from junior high. I could not recall what I'd learned.

The human-made greenhouse effect is not natural, which, theoretically (and a-matter-of-fact-ly in my opinion) has caused a dramatic climate change, which endangers all living things on earth.

Another thing I knew little was the numbers. One question was "How much do scientists estimate global sea level would rise if all of Greenland's glacial ice melted?" Of course I did not know. Even if I had read it somewhere, I would not remember. So this question is not fair. And not practical. We laymen do not need to know the exact numbers, for example, of temperature differences. We need to learn the differences between theories on Climate Change and to understand why certain theory dominates.


Overall, nonetheless, I consider this quiz a good exercise. Knowledge is registered through those multi-choice questions.

Do you know what the Keeling curve is? Even after you watched The Inconvenient Truth, you probably do not remember what the curve reflects and indicates. Click on the the image below and see whether you really understand it or just for your curiosity.




No comments: