Google
 

April 16, 2007

projects to kill time

As you may have known, I had been bored since my PhD defense until several new projects started in my new life routine.

1. Tango at least 3 days a week. This is why mama has difficulty reaching me these day. During her morning, I am always dancing and not hearing my phone ring. During my morning (meaning 10 am to noon), mama is not awake.

2. A follow-up line of research after my dissertation project. This is why I force myself to show up in school by 9:30am. Again, I found something interesting. Hopefully this will become a successful project and paper writing with Zabeth.

3. Movie catching up. I am seeing at least one movie every week, which was a standard before I started doing my dissertation 1.5 year ago. DVDs or film fests are usually better choices than what is in theaters now. What I really wanna see in a theater is almost always not playing in State College.

4. Writing a lot on various subjects excluding visual attention. You can find a link on the right side of this post. It is titled "pei's other writings". I write at Helium. It is quite fun for me. I write one to five articles a day there.

5.
Reading newspaper. It is an old interest of mine. When I was in Taipei, I loved to sit all day long with three different papers, reading page by page. Magazines are good too, but my favorites are issued monthly, meaning that they cannot fill my daily reading needs. Therefore, finally I take advantage of Penn State's reader-ship: free New York Times, USA Today, and Central Daily Time.

6. Baking. I do not cook, as you know and as I promote myself. But I like baking. My most proud baking products are banana bread and chocolate muffins. I just found a blog post on banana bread with ginger ( http://www.thimble.ca/?p=132 ). I am gonna make it on Wednesday. Stay tuned.

7. Doing laundry. I am not obsessed with laundry. It is hard labor. But I have to do it.

No comments: