Google
 

April 23, 2009

a season is over

A squirrel is dead. It is not bloody, so I guess it was not a road kill. The body has stayed at a corner of the apartment entrance for two days. No one claims it. No one cleans it. It is naturally peacefully there.

Colorful or colorless flowers are on trees, on grounds, and in air. New fresh leaves have just started covering the woods I drive by everyday.
The sun is warm. The day is long. I take walks in my neighborhood and found many houses for rent. On-sale boards are tagged to many houses, including a lounge that Superstar and I once tried to find dinner but retreated because of Friday early evening's noise.

Paola had her farewell party. She walked in the conference room, thinking that she was late for the once-in-a-while lab meeting, as I shouted at her "Hey!" As usual, she hey-ed me back with a big smile. So typical, she did not realize this meeting was fake and the purpose was to throw a party for her. She simply sat down beside me as usual and got ready to participate in the meeting with the blue hard-covered lab notebook.
Dr. Anna and others came in. I loudly said "she has not figured it out that we are giving her a surprise."
Because of Paola, my last hour at work today was very pleasant. Everyone was enjoying the moment and being ourselves. Paola is the kind of people who make people around her feel comfortable being ourselves. She reminds me of Zabeth all the time. They are not afraid of their English skills and only care about whether they communicate effectively with others. I wish I was like them. I am lucky that I met them.

In a week, I will say goodbye to my postdoc life and finally get a real job.
It was not unexpected. Step by step, I am getting there. However, it always sets off random firings of my nerves as I am about to reach the next step.

So long, squirrel.
Goodbye, winter.
Take care, mortgage market.
See you, Paola.
Look forward to it, my new title.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of things change
while passing through our lives;
people come and go, moves, promotions, relationships..
Not so many things do not change
through our whole lives;
family, the way we laugh, and ,maybe, if luck enough, a relationship.

樹欲靜而風不止是有的
菩提本無樹 明鏡亦非臺也是有的


Congratulation, my dear
step by step, you made it,
just like the boleo-gancho combination I did last night~ :)

Ting 2 said...

And your new title (so I can brag about you to others)?

vivien said...

Congrats!!!