Google
 

April 9, 2009

mute

Can't watch Colbert Report online anymore.
Can't talk to Mama via Skype anymore.
Can't listen to Pandora anymore.
Can't hear any annoying Window starting-up noise.
Can't get any warning ding of google chats.

Oh... my life goes to silence.

How could this happen?
Things do happen, right? That's what things do. That's what things do to me.

I was talking with a headset corded to the computer. I was skyping with Mama and sitting in my couch. When I sat up, I felt a current of electricity flowing from my ear to the computer.
The right side auditory channel was then killed a month ago. Since then, I could only enjoy sound effects on one side. Thus, I moved the unaffected audio to the middle, so that I could have the illusion/perception that the sound came from the middle instead of only the left.
Last night, another current, stronger than the previous one, struck into my computer as I moving around in the couch listening to Mama's updates of my brother. This time it even hurt my ear a bit. The right channel was gone in this incident.
Who would know I could be so electric?

The result is a mute computer.
I'll miss Mama's voice and Colbert's jokes and Pandora's singing. Life is changing.

Mama comforts me: Silence is better than sounds. Yeah?
I'm gonna dance to humming in my head. Gonna get some acoustic samples in Yale Tango Festival.

Things, enough is enough. Be nice to me.

3 comments:

Ting 2 said...

無聲勝有聲... 該換電腦了(咦,不是才換的嗎?)

pei said...

The computer's two years old.
I blame the couch, for it was second-handed from a disaster maker.

Anonymous said...

walalalal~~lala~~ ulllara~awa~~a! :P