Google
 

February 27, 2008

breath-holding sounds



I listened to this song before seeing the movie. I was on a bus from home to school. The bus driver was tunning in an English station (the only English station at that time in Taiwan). I got goose bumps while the music was licking every pore on my skin. Immediately, I decided to see the movie and bought the sound track afterwards.
I had done this kind of things many times for Chinese music albums (for example,
楊乃文的 "你就是吃定我",蔡健雅的 "紀念",陳潔儀的 "輕挑"). This was my first time to be pushed by one English song and made a purchase.

This is my first time watching the music video of "You Must Love Me." Argentine tango appears two times! There are three dances shown in the clip, and tango is the 1st and the 3rd dances.

Music is very important for movies too. But it is not very often that I fall for a movie because of its music. It happens of course. For example, the movie Closer: I can't take my eyes off it. Just can't.




Another example is a very recent one, Atonement. The music blended with the typewriter was fantastic. And the movie, actually, was beyond my expectation probably because the soundtrack was so good.



Music is something amazing that I believe only humans are capable of making. I believe some other animals have similar things like human language to communicate with each other as a great product of evolution. But music is probably what makes humans so "superior" to others. Don't be so humble and give God this credit. We humans are awesome.

Like last Sunday, friends and I accidentally went to a live Jazz restaurant for brunch. The sound of cello made my whole body smile. Awesome.

No comments: