Google
 

June 13, 2007

Colbert, my Stephen


I cannot live without internet.
I cannot live happily without the Colbert Report broadcasted on internet.

This is how I found how great the internet it is in Taipei. High quality visual and auditory signals from my current idol is presented on the monitor of the computer in Taipei, my home!

The show is on four days a week. On the official website, the entire show and previous episodes can be watched online.
You can find the link to his show on the right side of this blog, under the "fun to visit" category.

He is the most popular clever comedian in the English-speaking world). Earlier this year, Time Magazine held a poll where every internet-user in the world can vote for their person-of-the-year. Colbert was the second winner. The first was Rain, who had and has no fame at all in America. Obviously, all Koreans got online and voted for Rain non-stop repeatedly. Rain got almost 200,000 more votes than Colbert.
Asian fans are crazy.


This also tells one thing: Colbert is such an influential person. No matter what, about 270,000 votes went to him. About 270,000 internet-users went online to support him.

The success of his show reflects how angry we (people who live in America) are, and how happy we are that someone is so articulate and humorous to express all the hard issues for us.
His performance and the whole crew behind him are my heros. They are not afraid. They speak out out loud. They challenge authorities.
Most importantly, Colbert has never failed to make me laugh.
He is my new 陶晶瑩 (a talk show hostess in Taiwan).

How can he say those lines without laughing by himself? He must have practiced a lot. I believe he is not just someone lucky. He must have prepared a lot for long and worked hard and got this great chance to make me laugh.
Smart, funny, and knowing what he is doing. Oh... I wish Colbert is not just an act.
I fall in love with people who make me laugh.
(feels like this is a match.com profile)

You gotta see how he threw his metal diploma into Bill Clinton's paper board, premiered on June 11.

He just made my day an hour ago :)

No comments: