Google
 

December 17, 2008

start santa-ing



I don't know who Susanne Manning is but I googled for minutes and finally found this sexy sandy voice for my favorite Xmas song.

Let me give you two more examples of Santa Baby, and you tell me if you agree with me on Susanne Manning's voice. Oh yeah, Kylie Minogue was physically very sexy.



This one was from 1988 (wow, 20 years ago):
This woman is a category by herself.



Last night was the annual holiday party of the research center.
I had been to the holiday party last year and bored. This year I still went because at first it was some political reason. Once I got there, I was very happy that I went and stayed almost till the end.
It was the same fancy country-club-style restaurant, the same delicious food, the same tree where we had to pose for picture taking.
More than twice of people showed up. My lab actually occupied the entire 10-person table.
For a party, more people more fun.
Moreover, there was a vocal quartet! Two pairs of man and woman with matching red and green 19th-century outfits. They were so cute. Their voice was so good and warm. The carols they sang were so lovely and joyful. I could not help but smile all the time. They hopped table to table and sang various carols on demand. I wish I knew more than a few carols!

Around 7:30pm (the party started at 5 pm), most people had left. This was about the time when the singers were more comfortable with themselves and started playing around with people and singing in a more modern jazzy way. They went up to the stage and I said I wanted santa baby.
So they did.
That was one of the best live performances I have ever seen this year. The green gal sang the main melody with R&B-kind of feel. The green guy went for the bass with a warm santa granda's hohoho. The red gal provided a higher pitch tangled with the melody. The red guy was sometimes humming like an instrument and sometimes singing along to harmonize the entire group.
Snow was perfectly sprinkled outside the window. San.ta. ba.by~

Let me share one more.
Stay tuned. I probably will post one entry a day because I am so happy and would like you to be happy too.


No comments: