Google
 

September 22, 2008

beautiful moments

"My job is to make you beautiful. Your job is to allow me to do my job." He said.
I smiled but immediately realized that he could not see my smile, so I said yes.

"Just relax," He said, "and imagine how beautiful you are and express it."
I smiled and relaxed my shoulders and palms. He felt my beauty and led me into a wonderfully slow walk, with music. I felt so beautiful.
And he changed lead when music changed. I moved in a wonderland called tango, only accessible when the leader knows how to make me beautiful. We were a great pair, naturally elegant.

Edmund is always so gentle and polite with a soft but firm voice. His posture is strong but not stiff. His embrace makes anyone want to embrace him back. My cheek bone is embraced by his cheek, so he talks directly to my ear. Between songs, we separate and carry conversations purely relevant to tango without any other meaningless or gossiping contents.
I don't care if he is a totally different person out of the dance floor. He is perfect on the dance floor, which is what keeps me expecting his invitations and keeps me staying with him for the entire practica or milonga.

"Don't be humble. Don't deny how beautiful you are." He liked to say.
But I found the most beautiful thing was how he induced preciously beautiful moments with me.

When a girl finds this kind of perfect tango partner, she imagines she is the luckiest person in the world.

After the perfect practica, I met a red balloon.
I've grown a fondness for red balloons since 2005 when first seeing Paul Klee's painting in
Guggenheim.
Like sunshine, a red balloon in the sky simply makes me smile. It's like I was the red balloon, and being in the sky made me feel great and happy. Being round and flying with a string attached is the best non-living thing I want to be. I don't want to be free as extremely free of any anchor point. I want to be free as being looked-after kind of free, such as my traveling plans: go far far away but always can go back to the place called home.
Such as the free leg will move according to the lead. Edmund knows it.

I guess I am looking for a string. However, it is not very visibly attached to the balloon. Under the candle light, it doesn't exist. Under a brighter light, it almost disappears. I have to stare at the painting with effort in order to see it.
I still smile. You make me feel cared and beautiful. If this is your job, I allow you to do so.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

我好嫉妒你...我也想跳舞...

Anonymous said...

好吧,說嫉妒有點太強烈了,就用羨慕好了...

pei said...

亞特蘭大也有舞可以跳啊
你要趕快找一找,建立一下社交圈
降子我二月去找你的時候,才能靠你介紹場子給我

Anonymous said...

喔?你二月要來?
耶耶耶!快來啊!
其實有打算這禮拜六去踩盤子;撿到了一百元,要去跳舞慶祝(什麼理由啊)!