Google
 

May 4, 2008

brush it green

This is how my toothbrushes were made.



Go green one thing at a time.
I started trying it out several months ago. I like how the handle was designed, greatly fitting the human factor. And the brush is very soft, so far my favorite. After 3 months (which is a normal life span of any toothbrush), I mailed the brush back (without paying postage) for recycling. The product itself is good and the recycling part of the product, which is the whole thing including the packaging, for me is an extra bonus psychologically.

A new food market has just opened three blocks away from me.
It means that I don't have to drive to lovely Whole Foods to get organic food anymore. I like stores in walking distance.
I know, I should just move into the city. The waiting time should not be long. The matter is just which city, not just the city, will welcome me.

Tunnel fees have gone up from $6 to 8. Gas price has been soaring too. These facts block me from driving into the city. At least before my salary is higher than a postdoc typically earns, the train will be my feet to the greener side of the river, where people like to walk, where people care more about the environment and health.

Doing something good to the environment, even if the something is tiny, makes me feel good. It is like the other day, my yoga practice improved a tiny little step (which only I would notice), which made me feel very good. Or like tango, I was led to do something very nicely to a milonga melody, which made my body smile.
So for the psychological element -- feeling good --, I will keep doing something good to the earth. I know, now it sounds like some selfish behavior. So? I am selfish. I like to be happy. I like anything that makes me happy.


No comments: