Google
 

October 21, 2007

face on the book

Seriously, I am seriously thinking about the possibility of putting myself out there on the FaceBook.com
Sarah asked whether I am on it. She's gonna add me on her network.
I had thought about it, as you read on one post here back in February.

There again was a white hair appearing on my face. This time, it was on my forehead, instead of my cheek.
New moles have showed up rapidly and stayed up for the past two years. I never wanted to be a perfect doll face, but density of moles makes my face less baby-like.... meaning my face now is plainly fat instead of babyfat.
Even my poorly developed eye lashes have been multiplying themselves recently in a fashion that I can definitely see the difference.
Oh... and I have no idea what the hell at my age there is no stop to acne. I am old enough!!!
My body parts work independently of me. They have their wills at the timing and at the rate of growing.

New York Times on Sunday is huge. Four dollars for yellowpage-weighted book-like paper.
I love it and read it for hours. I have not finished it yet. I want what I have read to stay in my head longer before what I am going to read replace the memory trace.

The above random things now occupy me.
And I am thinking... perhaps I do want to join the great Web2.0 revolution to an even greater degree. Mumbling on my blog is one thing. Partying on Facebook is another. Do I want to party?

Do I want to subscribe Sunday New York Times?
Do I want to seriously start taking care of my aging skin?
My hands are not drinking water, which has been worrying me for months. It gets worse and worse since summer ended. Vaseline application plus gloves is a routine now.
My toes ask for the same treatment especially they have suffered every day and night in the cold office and crowed dancing shoes.
So I spent big, from my poor postdoc standard, money for my face last weekend. And I feel great about it.

Do I want to subscribe New York Times, Wired, or Economist?
The subscriber of Time finally found out that he/she had never received the magazine, and terminated the subscription. I knew it because the notice was again mailed to me.
I reckon (oh geez... I use this word! After reading 3 books of Happy Potter in 3 months) this is the question I cannot give a positive answer yet.

As to Facebook, if you are my reader here, and if you are on Facebook, and if you want to be in my network, perhaps you can email me or place a comment to this post. I will seriously consider your friendship and party with you.




3 comments:

Ting 2 said...

這位小姐...你在friendster的那個帳號已經乾癟到連霉都沾不上去了,你還要facebook啊?

不過...唉,流行嘛...科科科

pei said...

Am I on Friendster? That must not be me.

Ting 2 said...

ㄟ?!明明兩年前有啊?

我老了...