Google
 

October 6, 2007

follow the breath

Beautiful, right?
I am not able to do it yet. It's the king pigeon pose. My basic pigeon pose is still not perfect yet, especially when trying it on the left side. My left hip somehow is tighter.
Don't know who this beauty is. I saw her on the latest Time issue. The article is titled When Yoga Hurts. Good points in the article.
If you are trying to be a yogi, you have to practice daily. Don't be a weekend warrior.
If the goal is to look like Madonna, you're better off running or spinning.

Weekend warrior. I like this term, but I am not a weekend warrior.
It's a shame that I do not go to a studio every day.
Anusara teachers in South Orange are all very nice. I like all their voices. I like the classroom too. I like Jenny's music that she plays before a class begins. I like Emma's strong confident teaching personality. I like Joe's gay quality. It's just my laziness. I go once or twice now.
Bikram is a weekly thing when I go to Manhattan.
But I am not a weekend warrior, which I have to defend my practice now and when reading that Time article.
My avocado-colored mat is always on the floor. I stretch before breakfast and after work. I do warriors I, II, and III everyday.
My goal is not being upside down, so I am perfectly fine with not practicing hand or head stands.
My goal is to feel good about my body. I reach the goal everyday.

So I do not understand why people hurt themselves in yoga practices.
It's a very personal thing even when doing it in public.
It's not about looking pretty, either.
Some women keep their jewelry or makeup on. Perhaps they have very low self-esteem and need those external materials to boost their spirits even in a yoga class.

But I have to confess. I do not subscribe Time, but it comes every week for 5 weeks now. The subscriber's name is not my name, but has the same family name as I have. And the address is my address. That's why the post officer put it in my mailbox.
Should I call Time and ask about it?
Nah.
I thought about it several times. But no.
I am not wasting it. I read it cover to cover every weekend. The fact that I do not pay for it does not make me down. Whoever the subscriber is, I thank you.
And it should be that person's responsibility to call Time.
I breathe in and out and feel not guilty.



Oh, by the way, it's New York Tango Festival.
Dance with me. Lead me with your breath.
Let's do partner yoga on the dance floor.
Oh, I love it when the leader leads with breath.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh.... I am jealous of such life style. 7 more months, I am out in the world again, fresh to the field, fresh to my own goal and career. I am grateful.

The position/pose - whatever the yoga term is - reminded me of "peacock king"... 孔雀不動明王(漫畫看太多了)...

Hope you have fun this weekend; I'll be dancing with you in my heart.

pei said...

I did have fun, which was not totally because of tango :)
Life is great for me at the moment. New friends, old friends, and new old-friends.
I'll wait for a real dance with you!