Google
 

March 13, 2009

i really love my ..

This pair cost me six dollars for priceless joy. The main component is a piece of wood painted in grassy green but always complimented as jade green. I must look very nice with the pair. People love to stop and make a nice remark to my earrings.

I thought I lost one of them. I did not throw away the remaining earring. My first idea was to collect all of my lone earrings together and make a necklace. Last weekend I stopped by the store where I purchased the earrings with green wood. I hoped to see the same pair and was willing to pay twelve dollars (it was 50% or so discount for the last time). I did not find them, sadly.

This morning I was looking for a necklace and saw a lone green-wood earring sitting at the bottom of the jewelry box! I reunited the pair on my palm immediately and totally tossed the idea of wearing the necklace. "I am going to sport the new-found previously-missing earrings," and I found myself looking very happy in the mirror.

I throw things away. Every now and then, I actively throw things away on purpose. Or you may say that I am a consciou
s collector. I do not keep things that I know I do not need it for any practical or abstract reason any more. I do not buy something before knowing exactly what I am going to do with it. This is why I could spend hours trying out tens of outfits but only get one or none at the end. I could go online, surfing for an hour, placing items in my e-checkout cart, but never clicking the "summit" button to complete the purchasing procedure. I call this my e-window shopping.
When throwing things away, I do not hesitate much. Some insignificant gift given by someone insignificant will be in the trash can if I never find any possible way to give it away. T-shirts that haven't been on my body for years and never comfortable to sweat in will be thrown away next time I see them occupying space in my drawer. Diaries containing bad memories were thrown away.

With all those said, my point is that things usually do not get lost. If I cannot find something, it was because I never had them in the first place or because I deliberately trashed them.
Thus, I was pretty upset when I could not find the earring. And you can imagine how delighted I was as seeing it.

Some gossip magazine likes to put together several pictures of the same celebrity and to show this person really likes to carry one particular purse, cap, scarf, or sunglasses to anywhere.
I really like these particular earrings. Sometimes I was consciously telling myself not to put them on but give other pairs a try. "Other pairs are more expensive. They are pretty too. Your co-workers may get bored seeing you with the same earrings everyday."
The shoes I wear most are a pair I got in the first year of my American life. They were from Payless and cost about twelve dollars.

Here is some kind of self-analysis.
The mostly frequently wore pairs are usually on the cheap side of the monetary scale. The reason why I keep buying new items is for maintaining the high status of my favorite item on the top list, for not wearing out my favorites too quickly, or for trying to find new favorites. However, favorite is hard to find or to replace. Before I find it or replace the old one, hundreds or thousands of dollars were already gone over the years. That is, I actually spent hundreds or thousands on my favorite earrings or shoes. That is, my six-dollar favorite earrings and twelve-dollar shoes are priceless comparing to their sold value, but actually highly priced because I seldom wear other earrings or shoes that emptied my savings.

Wow, I am really glad that I found my favorite earrings back. I almost lost a fortune.





No comments: