Google
 

November 5, 2008

O

I just watched Obama's acceptance speech.
Great speech.
Could be one in an English textbook.
What he said may be the reason why I stay in the States.

He was a great speaker too. He knew what he was saying and he meant it.

At the end of his speech, Joe Biden came out. And their wives. And their families. They hug and kiss and hug and smile and hide their fatigue and smile.
How nice. Makes me smile. Makes audience scream and cry as if they were rock stars. In this country, family means a lot in a person's life. It's a real thing, not just something taught in school. (In Taiwan, you hear people say "Friends always come first."; in the States, people prioritize their family all the time.)
I believe the new President and Vice President and their families will be great models of the people in this country. I hope they will do at least half of what they said during the campaign. I hope they don't disappoint people too much.... like the former President of Taiwan.

Tonight was a great show if anything like the O show in Vegas. Unlike the O show, the end of the campaign is the beginning of the show actually. Obama said this election is not the change but the chance to change. Yes, you can.

Yes, you can. Please do it. And do it right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just drove home from work (1am), and people in downtown Atlanta are... CRAZY. Literally. I smiled all the way home, for people honked, screamed, and chanted "Obama" all the way.

I feel joy. I feel pride. I feel hope.

Anonymous said...

I hope he can at least do things right..
walking in Manhattan today, you have no idea how many times i had hear black people talked about now they had a black president, now it's the time for black people...etc.
I'm not saying this kind of ingroup identity is good or bad, but it can be really complicate,
both for him and for American society.
i hope he won't play or been played by racial issues... and do what every he can do to make this world better.
yeah, I believe he'll have this kind of power and influence, which people in USA just gave him yesterday.