Google
 

November 7, 2008

Friday short pieces

Isn't he cute?
He called his mama Col-ber-t. Not Col-bear :)



Hey, Mama, one day if I am as famous and as successful as Stephen Colbert, I will sing you a song on TV too.

*****

I met Yardena's "good friend". Muhammad came to the hospital for seeing "this lovely young lady".
Why? Because Yardena had to go home before sunset and does not come out until the sunrise of Sunday. She is very orthodox. She follows everything in the Jewish religion and backs up everything beneficial (even just superficially beneficial) to Israel.... indicating she voted to .....
Despite the differences we have in religion and politics, I like her. She is a wonderful co-worker. She is funny. She doesn't mind people questioning her faith or daily routines. She is very likable and has a deep sexy sandy voice. She is super patient with patients. She cares.
She works two jobs, both related to the medical business: here in my lab working with stroke patients, and she drives ambulance every other night. She also volunteers for something related to charity.
The volunteering work made it happen. It being her meeting Muhammad. As his name suggests, he is a Muslim.
Muhammad is a handsome hot young guy. I would've stared at him if Yardena was not at the table. However, Muhammad's eyes were full of Yardena. Soooo obviously in love with her. Yardena is obviously very fond of him as well. They held hands sometimes. They made fun of each other. They were arranging a horse-riding lab field trip for us.
I wish I could stay here this weekend. They were almost to decide to go this weekend, but they decided not to because of my absence. They were just so cute.
It will feel heartbreaking if they can't be together because of their religious conflict. Why? You are in a religiously free country (well..... actually not as free as I had expected). Those rules are ancient and distant and remote and unnecessary to your current lives. I wish you at least kissed each other if not further.
"Oh, dance is not your people's thing." Muhammad said to Yardena, and she said something to fight back but kept her hand in his hand. Oh~

It is hard to be the second generation of immegrants from an extremely conservative country. Parents are still bathed in the previous thoughts and traditional values, and forget to integrate with the spirits of being American, or do not allow their children to differ.
Oh, well, what can I say? I am glad that I am so selfish, and no one is qualified to determine who I should be with.

*****

I was very productive today. Unbelievably finished something I thought I would not have done until the end of my trip back from Chicago.
This week has been great. Two grants out of my desk. Blue rules the States. One manuscript and one new idea. Liu talked me to sleep. No snow. The whole frontyard covered with golden leaves. The whole backyard covered with bright red leaves. Flu virus failed staying in my throat.
I ... am cautious. Things can't go so well. There must be something horrible about to occur.
"Do you often worry about the future?" This is one of the depression questionaire. Sometimes I do worry because I am a person who often twists my ankle walking on a perfect flat ground. Anything can happen to me. Anything did happen to me.
Chicago is going to snow tomorrow according to the weather forecast. My plane may be delayed. I may be stuck in the airport. Well... if it happens, it is something ordinary in the States anyway, so I don't worry about it. I am quite experienced with delayed air flights.
So I turned up the music and dance to it. So I am dancing and not worrying.

*****

Dance
hajksldurfwqbjc Dance
asdbflwbsldbDanscfdce
asdbfjaskldbfjksadueibfDance
asdbfalsDance

asdbfhaljsbehl, ebwlbffdbfues Dance
sdfdhsjfd. Dance

Black eyed peas
Madonna
Aquilera
Timberlake
Outkast

All right all right I'm gonna pack.
I don't wanna pack.
Packing always lasts for too long.
Arrrh...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on! you even made a list!! lol!

don't have to worry~ my dear
only thing you need to do is to enjoy the moment and learn to cherish all the goodness surround you.
and you know I'll be there when you twist your ankle on whatever ground..... plus, maybe we can meet another poor turtle! :D
so, 塞翁失馬焉知非福, be optimistic!

have fun in Chicago~