Google
 

August 13, 2008

beautiful bodies

I am trying to share the golden moments of Chinese gymnastics
I was curious about the name of Yang Wei. I hoped his name did not actually sound the way as the English-speakers call his name. Good. It does not. Please practice the four tones of Chinese language, reporters. His name is Yang2 Wei1, instead of Yang2 Wei3.

Li Xiaopeng flying on the parallel bars was the most breathtaking moment for me.

Also, below the NBC widget is the video showing that the awesome golden men gracefully expressed the beauty of human body and strength. Seeing some lean yogi do the same kind of the postures is totally different than this particular performance, which is unbelievably powerful to the heart and unexpectedly peaceful.
And I feel better after this crazily long restless day. I should wake up in 6 hours and start a new crazily long restless day again. Let's go to bed and in my head rewind today's Diving competition -- women's synchronized platform -- where the Chinese girls were not like a seamless pair but they were simply one. The ultimately romantic perfect one.


Exclusive Summer Olympics news & widgets at NBC Olympics.com!



2008 Olympics AWESOME Opening Ceremony - Funny videos are here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

though it's a really odd name in Chinese...=v="
Yangˊ Wei just win another gold medal! (individual)

it seems like a piece of cake for him actually..
maybe just like swimming for Michael Phelps

ps. it's great to have a TV!

vivien said...

I watched the second video a while back. It's not part of the opening ceremony but also incredible!

Yang wei is so cool, so confident this time. He totally deserves the gold medal after years of efforts and years of "silver medals". He is also a very sweet guy. I like he told the world "I miss you very much" during an interview right after the men's all around final. That statement was for his fiancee :)

pei said...

I personally prefer Yang Wei's performance in the team competition. This is my first time seeing these Chinese gymnastic stars, and my personal preference is Li Xiaopeng over Yang Wei. But they gymnasts are so short.

Next, let's pay attention to diving, football, basketball, and maybe baseball for Taiwan.

Anonymous said...

you have to see the women's individual all-around gymnastic! (especially the final rotation)

both Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson are amazing!!!!
it's the best game i had seen so far!

.....and johnson is soooo cute! :P

vivien said...

I missed the team competition. So didn't get to see Li xiaopeng :(

I love watching diving, swimming, and basketball too. hm.. football.. you meant "soccer" right? it's our nightmare. I believe most Chinese wish our national soccer team never existed. They haven't done much over the years other than wasting $$ and bringing home numerous scandals...grrr...

I know baseball is big in Taiwan. Unfortunately I don't understand the rules very well. Hope they can do great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the gymnastic moments were simply breathtaking... and watching these people, and their graceful muscles (in comparison to say, construction workers or hip pop stars)... OOOHHH~

But yes, these people are all so short... I'm only 5'3", but I wouldn't be surprised if any of these men stand only to my eyebrows...

Irrelevant note: Yang Wei is from the same province/city as my dear father. If he was around and saw this, he'd be balling out loud. Sigh. My dad.

Big round of applause for China!!