Google
 

May 21, 2007

my turn


A professor asked me for help from the Chinese community. I replied to him that I have not been very active in the community, which is not true.
The truth is that I have never been active in the Chinese community except for my first year. These girls in the picture are, at this moment, the only Taiwanese girl friends I have in State College.

Actually, I am not close to Dai-Tzen (the girl in white) at all. And Miya has left State College since last summer. In fact, Alex is the only Taiwanese girl -- technically she is American -- I hang out with.

How many close Taiwanese girl friends have I had in the States?
First year: Jenny (roommate)
Second year: Yi-Jin and Amy
Third year: Chun-Yi (roommate) and Alex
Forth year: Alex and Miya
Fifth year: Alex

See? Not many.
I have seen people come and go. Now it's my turn.
Next year, it's Alex's.

It is always a myth for me why Asian students like to flock together ALL THE TIME.
There are so many different people on campus to be friends with. The fact that I speak Chinese does not mean that I have to befriend with Chinese-speaking people. You are my friend because I like who you are, not because of your native language.

Friends helped me moving yesterday.
It was something.
I had never rented a truck and traveled 250 miles with furniture.
This could've never happened if I did not have them. Thanks to Marc, Zabeth, Alex, Steve, and Vivien.
The day before the move, Justin threw a party, which was very successful.
I will miss all the parties in Justin's place.
I will miss my party people.
It is my turn to be a "grown-up" and say goodbye to my student life.

1 comment:

Vivien said...

It's always sad to say goodbyes but I'm still happy for you cuz I know this is for good. And I have to tell you this: you've made my last year in State College much more enjoyable! Please stay in touch!
BTW, you and Alex look really good in the photo, I love it :)