Google
 

May 9, 2007

exit from pain


"I hope the leaving is joyful and I hope never to return."
~Frida Kahlo's last words


I cannot recall in which anthropologist's house I saw this painting.
Standing in front of it for long, I did not know of Frida Kahlo. I felt pain.

Last night, I watched the best movie I've seen this year. Released in 2002, Frida is a master piece.

Learning her life, I can never say how much I have suffered. No one I know of is a greater survivor than she was.
Her body and soul were so in pain but she always brought power of life into space.

Her story and the colors in her story were unique because of her. Frida Kahlo is unique.
She is an artist, a thinker, and a completely strong character on her own feet without being attached to her gender, ethnicity, polio, bus accident, or her husband Diego Rivera.
She was born independent.
She was not replaceable. She is not.

No comments: